Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Christian cities suffer from Hezbollah & Israeli fighting


All Things Considered
, August 1, 2006 · Christians in the southern Lebanese village of Ein Abel are trapped between combatants Israel and Hezbollah. Hezbollah fires rockets from the village and even from between Christian homes, drawing Israeli return fire.

Parts of Ein Abel are in ruins.

More here: Christian Village Caught in the Crossfire


Let's not forget that Israel vs. Hezbollah is not the only armed conflict raging throughout the planet. People, innocent and not so innocent, are being killed, butchered, maimed and raped on almost every continent.

The other day I was complaining about a ticket I received while parking illegally downtown. Well, I guess other people have worse problems than that. Then I thanked God for what I had and for what I haven't lost and for all the blessings He has given me.

Then my cousin, who was with me, asked "hey what if I believe I've had a good life as well but I don't believe in God, who should I thank then?" I told him that he could thank another force, or, if he didn't believe there was another force responsible, he could thank Fate. If he didn't believe in God, another force or Fate, well he could just think about his "good life" and smile and be so happy about it that he would be willing to buy me a beer and toast that "good life" of his. He DID buy me that beer and I made a toast to him and to his good life and wished him many more years of it.

(PHOTO: Live eels are weighed before being exported to Italy by fishermen in Greece’s Messolongi Lagoon. REUTERS/Yannis Behrakis 2005.)

Greece
+
Greece withdraws from Haifa Film Festival in solidarity with Lebanon
+
Greece adds F-16 electronic warfare system ++ Beckham hopes to face Greece
+
Greek-Chinese Trade Relations Continuously Increasing

The World
+
Bombings, Shootings Kill at Least 56 in Iraq ++ Islamic nations to call for ceasefire in Lebanon
+
Hezbollah is unbowed in Baalbek ++ Snapshots of Lebanese family life
+
Environmental 'crisis' in Lebanon ++ India bans child domestic labour
+ Muslims in Europe ++ Discovery of bodies overwhelms Colombia

+ Saudi-based NRIs funded Mumbai blasts: ATS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  DO NOT SUBMIT    Canadian Women's Army Corps.